Oct 28, 2013

monster inspiration: banshee


With an unwanted wail that chills bone, the Banshee is the ultimate
bearer of bad news. Come to warn or taunt you of immanent death, I pictured this fairy-like creature in layers of decaying lace, and barefoot or with a minimalistic shoe. Her long pale hair, hiding a silver comb used to lure the unsuspecting into her death trap. I imagined eyes, reddened with death and an ethereal blanched complexion.


Sadly this is the last piece of my Halloween post series where I humanized
various female monsters. If you would like to check out previous posts from the series, I chose Bride of Frankenstein, Medusa, a black widow and finally the Banshee. If you enjoyed these, I would like to hear your feedback!

On another note, I will be posting several Halloween-themed ideas over the next few days, including a party playlist and DIY mask so be sure to check back.

xoxo


Photos were taken from Polyvore and Tumblr.






Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment